Courses > PADI Divemaster
Looking to make the first step in your career in scuba diving? Your adventure into the professional levels of recreational scuba diving begins with the PADI Divemaster course.
Working closely with a PADI Instructor, in this course you expand your dive knowledge and hone your skills to the most professional level. PADI Divemaster training develops your leadership abilities, qualifying you to supervise dive activities and assist instructors with student divers. The PADI Divemaster certification is the prerequisite certification for both the PADI Assistant Instructor and PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor certifications.
Get started now with Divemaster Online!
What You Learn
During the PADI Divemaster course, you learn dive leadership skills through both classroom and independent study. You complete water skills and stamina exercises, as well as training exercises that stretch your ability to organize and solve problems as well as help others improve their scuba diving skills. You put this knowledge into action through a structured internship or series of practical training exercises.
What You Can Teach
After becoming certified as a PADI Divemaster you will be authorised to:
- Supervise both training and non-training-related activities by planning, organizing and directing dives
- Assist a PADI Instructor during the training sessions for any PADI Diver coursel
- Conduct the PADI Scuba Review program
- If qualified as a Discover Scuba Diving Leader, independently conduct the PADI Discover Scuba Diving program.
- Earn the PADI Digital Underwater Photographer Specialty Instructor rating to be able to teach the PADI Digital Underwater Photographer specialty.
- Independently guide Open Water Diver course students on the tour portion of Open Water Diver course Training Dives 2, 3 and 4.
- Accompany student divers during Adventure Dives or Specialty training dives under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor.
- Teach Emergency First Response courses after successfully completing an Emergency First Response Instructor course.
The Learning Materials You Need
The PADI Divemaster crewpak includes everything you’ll need to start the PADI Divemaster program. The complete set of materials includes:
- The Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving - a comprehensive overview of diving physics, physiology, and equipment.
- Divemaster slates
- PADI Divemaster Manual
- eRDP Multilevel calculator
You also have the option to take Divemaster Online and purchase the Divemaster eLearning Crew-Pak.
Here's your chance to share your love of diving with others. So give us a ring to see if you're leadership material!
Want to gain some essential experience to compliment your Divemaster training? Check out the very popular Simply Diving Divemaster Internship Programme [PDF, 150kb].
Please note: All course and excursion prices include full diving equipment rental, hotel/apartment pick-up and drop off, transportation to and from the dive sites in one of our air-conditioned mini-buses, light refreshments, plus PADI certification where applicable.
Extras: Educational materials and diving equipment can be purchased from the Simply Diving shop.
Need To Know
|Start date:||Any day of the week!|
Health & Fitness
Anyone with an average level of fitness can enjoy scuba diving. You don’t have to be an athlete!
However, some medical conditions such as heart or lung problems could prevent you from participating.
Before signing up for a PADI course, you will be required to complete and sign the standard PADI Medical Questionnaire [PDF, 120KB], with any “YES” answer cleared by a doctor.
We recommend taking the form to your doctor for completion before you travel to Spain.
Have a question before signing up for a course or a days’ diving?
Have a read through our FAQs and set your mind at rest.