Courses > PADI Specialty Courses > PADI Drift Diver Specialty
Gliding with the currents and feeling the rush of flying through the underwater realm is what drift diving is all about.
This course shows you how to enjoy rivers and ocean currents by “going with the flow,” staying with your dive partner, communicating with the dive boat and knowing where you are at all times.
During your PADI Drift Diver Specialty course, you will go on two open water dives (which may be conducted in one day). We highly recommended that you enroll on this course to expose yourself to the techniques and procedures for drift diving. We normally conduct this course at Tarifa, Costa del Sol, Spain.
The PADI Drift Diver Specialty course covers the following:
- Planning, organisation, procedures, techniques, problems and hazards of drift diving.
- An introduction to drift diving equipment, such as floats, lines and reels.
- Buoyancy-control, navigation and communication for drift diving.
- Site selection and overview of aquatic currents – causes and effects.
- Techniques for staying close to a buddy or together as a group.
Must be a PADI Open Water Diver or Junior Open Water Diver (or have a qualifying certification from another training organization) and be at least 12 years old.
Certification counts toward the PADI Master Scuba Diver rating.
Please note: All course and excursion prices include full diving equipment rental, hotel/apartment pick-up and drop off, transportation to and from the dive sites in one of our air-conditioned mini-buses, light refreshments, plus PADI certification where applicable.
Extras: Educational materials and diving equipment can be purchased from the Simply Diving shop.