Courses > PADI Specialty Courses > Project AWARE Specialist
Most people take up scuba diving to become acquainted with worldwide aquatic ecosystems. If you’re one of those and you want to learn about how you can protect them, this classroom-based Specialty course is for you.
Included on the course is the following:
- The Project AWARE philosophy
- The importance and interdependence of worldwide aquatic ecosystems
- The ocean commons and coastal zone issues
- Coral environment overview and inhabitants
- Current issues regarding fisheries, coastal zone management and marine pollution
- The status of several critically degraded marine environments
- How you can help
Certification counts toward the PADI Master Scuba Diver rating.
Project AWARE Foundation is the dive industry’s leading nonprofit organization dedicated to conserving the aquatic environment through education, advocacy and action. Besides completing the Project AWARE Specialty course, you can join SIMPLY DIVING in becoming a partner in the efforts to preserve the underwater environment. Click here to find out how.
Please note: All course and excursion prices include full diving equipment rental, hotel/apartment pick-up and drop off, transportation to and from the dive sites in one of our air-conditioned mini-buses, light refreshments, plus PADI certification where applicable.
Extras: Educational materials and diving equipment can be purchased from the Simply Diving shop.