PADI Assistant Instructor
As a PADI Assistant Instructor, you not only gain that all-important experience as a PADI professional scuba diver, but you also start properly getting to grips with the PADI System of how to teach.
You can act as an Instructor’s assistant and even take on some teaching responsibilities yourself. It’s the best possible way to gain experience on your route to becoming a fully-fledged scuba instructor…
The PADI AI course is actually the first portion of the PADI Instructor Development Course (IDC) and when followed by the Open Water Scuba Instructor course (OWSI) and passing the Instructor Examination (IE) that follows, leads to certification as a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor.
The Cool Part? You get mentored while gaining hands-on experience actually teaching students!
What You Learn
You build upon your abilities to organise and supervise scuba diving activities, but at the same time start to concentrate on developing teaching skills. You learn through:
- Knowledge development such as self-study, quizzes, lectures and presentations
- Confined water skill review and assessment, workshops and presentations
- Open water workshops, rescue assessment and candidate presentations
The PADI Assistant Instructor Course consists of the following sections:
- Module 1: Academic Training
- Module 2: Independent Study
- Knowledge Development
- Module 3: Practical Application
- Confined Water and Open Water Teaching Presentations
- Standards Exam
- Dive Rescue Skills Assessment
What You Can Do
In addition to the responsibilities and duties you already have as a PADI Divemaster, as a PADI Assistant Instructor you can:
- Teach academic presentations under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor
- During confined water dives, present initial skills training under the direct supervision of a PADI Instructor
- Evaluate Open Water Diver surface skills under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor
- Teach and certify PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialty Divers under the direction of a PADI Instructor
- Teach Project AWARE Specialty courses
- Conduct PADI Discover Scuba Diving experiences in a pool or confined water
- Teach PADI Digital Underwater Photographer Specialty courses under the direction of a PADI Instructor after earning the PADI Digital Underwater Photographer Specialty Instructor rating
What You Need
The PADI OWSI pack includes all the materials needed to prepare for a PADI Assistant Instructor or Open Water Scuba Instructor course. It includes:
- Instructor cue cards for PADI’s core courses (OW, AOW, Rescue and Divemaster)
- PADI’s Guide to Teaching and related reference materials
- Lesson planning slates for confined and open water
- Quiz and exam booklets for the core courses
- Specialty outlines for Project AWARE
Your Next Step
For more details on PADI professional level courses, or to book a free career counselling session with one of Simply Diving Go PRO’s Staff Instructors, call us on (0034) 600 506 526 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: All PADI Professional course prices include transportation to and from the dive sites in one of our air-conditioned mini-buses or by RIB boat and light refreshments (water, fruit juices and muffins).
Extras: Educational materials such as PADI Crewpacks and manuals (required reading for most courses) and diving equipment can be purchased from the Simply Diving shop. Please email email@example.com to confirm prices.