PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor
If you’ve made it to this page, chances are you’re looking for something a little bit special: To be able to have the best job in the world!
You’ve been diving for a number of years and have clocked up an impressive number of dives, swam with some amazing marine creatures and met some great, like-minded people who have become lifelong friends. Even though life as an Instructor isn’t always as easy as swimming aside beautiful reefs pointing out fish, you’ve decided you’d like to turn the ocean into your office…
The Cool Part?
The course will literally change your life forever. And will also reward you with the chance to change other people’s lives too…
During your instructor training here on the Costa del Sol, you’ll get to interact with your fellow instructor trainees and will create friendships that often carry on long after the course concludes.
You’ll also begin networking with other diving professionals and start to explore the potential for PADI Pro dive jobs worldwide.
The Serious Part
The challenging part of this course is actually down to you. Your personal commitment to the training is the key to success. The course requires you to to be prepared every single day for your daily assignments and teaching presentations. Organisation and dedication are essential and are qualities expected of you as a working PADI Professional wherever in the world you may go.
What You Learn
During the Go PRO Spain PADI IDC you’ll learn how to use and follow the PADI System of Education by presenting at least:
- Two confined water teaching presentations
- Two knowledge development presentations
- One open water teaching presentation integrating two skills
You will also take part in the following classroom presentations:
- Course Orientation
- Dive Industry Overview
- General Standards and Procedures
- The Role of Media and Prescriptive Teaching
- Legal Responsibility and Risk Management
- PADI Scuba Diver and Open Water Diver Course
- Adaptive Teaching
- The PADI Continuing Education Philosophy
- Business Principles for the Dive Instructor
- Adventures in Diving Program
- Specialty Diver Courses and Master Scuba Diver Program
- PADI Rescue Diver Course
- PADI Divemaster Course
- Diver Retention Programs
You must also demonstrate competence in:
- Dive theory by passing a five-part theory exam scoring 75% in each
- All 24 dive skills listed on the Skill Evaluation
- A nonstop 800 metre/yard swim using a mask, snorkel and fins
What You Can Do
After becoming a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor, you will be able to conduct the entire range of PADI courses from PADI Discover Scuba Diving up to PADI Divemaster. You may also choose to acquire specialty instructor ratings, such as PADI Digital Underwater Photographer or Enriched Air Diver.
What You Need
The PADI OWSI pack includes all the materials needed to prepare for a PADI Assistant Instructor or Open Water Scuba Instructor course. It includes:
- Instructor cue cards for PADI’s core courses (OW, AOW, Rescue and Divemaster)
- PADI’s Guide to Teaching and related reference materials
- Lesson planning slates for confined and open water
- Quiz and exam booklets for the core courses
- Specialty outlines for Project AWARE
Your Next Step
You’ll want to continue your professional training by completing courses that allow you to teach beyond the core courses. For example, specialty instructor courses boost your Open Water Scuba Instructor rating, add to your professional portfolio and make you more attractive to a prospective dive centre or employer.
For more details on PADI professional level courses, or to book a free career counselling session with one of Simply Diving Go PRO’s Staff Instructors, call us on (0034) 600 506 526 or email us at email@example.com.
Please note: All PADI Professional course prices include transportation to and from the dive sites in one of our air-conditioned mini-buses or by RIB boat and light refreshments (water, fruit juices and muffins).
Extras: Educational materials such as PADI Crewpacks and manuals (required reading for most courses) and diving equipment can be purchased from the Simply Diving shop. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm prices.