Looking to make the first step in your career in scuba diving? Your adventure into the professional levels of recreational scuba begins with the PADI Divemaster course.
Working closely with one of our highly experienced PADI Instructors, you will expand your dive knowledge and hone your skills to the most professional level. PADI Divemaster training develops your leadership abilities, qualifying you to supervise dive activities and assist instructors with student divers.
What You Learn
During the PADI Divemaster course, you learn dive leadership skills through both classroom and independent study. You complete water skills and stamina exercises, as well as training exercises that stretch your ability to organise and solve problems as well as help others improve their scuba diving skills. You put this knowledge into action through a structured internship or series of practical training exercises.
What You Can Teach
After becoming certified as a PADI Divemaster you will be authorised to:
- Supervise both training and non-training-related activities by planning, organising and directing dives
- Assist a PADI Instructor during the training sessions for any PADI Diver course
- Conduct the PADI ReActivate course
- If qualified as a Discover Scuba Diving Leader, independently conduct the PADI Discover Scuba Diving course
- Earn the PADI Digital Underwater Photographer Specialty Instructor rating to be able to teach the PADI Digital Underwater Photographer Specialty
- Independently guide Open Water Diver course students on the tour portion of PADI Open Water Diver course Training Dives 2, 3 and 4
- Accompany student divers during Adventure Dives or Specialty training dives under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor
- Teach Emergency First Response courses after successfully completing an Emergency First Response Instructor course
The Learning Materials You Need
The PADI Divemaster Crewpack includes everything you’ll need to start the PADI Divemaster course. The complete set of materials includes:
- The Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving – a comprehensive overview of diving physics, physiology, and equipment.
- Divemaster slates
- PADI Divemaster Manual
- eRDP Multilevel calculator
You also have the option to take Divemaster Online.
Here’s your chance to share your love of diving with others. So give us a ring to see if you’re leadership material!
Want to gain some essential experience to compliment your Divemaster training? Email us for details of our very popular Simply Diving Divemaster Internship Programme.
Please note: All PADI Professional course prices include transportation to and from the dive sites in one of our air-conditioned mini-buses or by RIB boat and light refreshments (water, fruit juices and muffins).
Extras: Educational materials such as PADI Crewpacks and manuals (required reading for most courses) and diving equipment can be purchased from the Simply Diving shop. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm prices.